Monday, January 26, 2009

My Daddy - Jan 24th, 2008

My dad who came from India to support us during these times left to India on Jan 24, 2008. He stayed with us for almost a month. I am glad he could come and stay with me. I felt very vulnerable after I lost Mihir. Being their only child, I did not want to breakdown in front of them. With my parents here, I regained every bit of strength from them and my loving husband. I am glad I am part of this little family. Mihir is their first grand-son. At O'Hare when were getting ready to say goodbye to my dad, he cried...he cried because he couldn't meet his grand son, he cried because he couldn't see me go through this pain. It did not feel good saying goodbye to my father either. He has Leukemia and I am worried about his health. I want him to live long enough to see his grand children, my cousins weddings and their children (we are a very close knit family).
Even though my dad could stay with us only for a month, I am relieved to see him and be with him during that time.
My mom came to U.S in October (just 2 weeks before my EDD) and is still staying with us. She had planned to stay with me for 6 months to help me with baby (Since Mihir was my first baby). A week after she came from India, we lost Mihir. Since that day, she has taken all the household responsibilities into her hands and she's been helping me and my husband in every way she can. Her original departure date was April 25th. But we preponed her trip to Feb 07, 2008. We were not ready to send both my parents at the same time. It would be awful lonely if they both left on the same day. I wish they stayed here with us forever. But I know Its not possible.