Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What happens next?

Well. We want to have more babies definitely. There are somethings to straighten out before we TTC again. We met our pertinatologist Dr. Egley for a preconception counseling. He went through all my reports (except baby's autopsy results which aren't back yet) and said I have the best prognosis for a successful pregnancy and what ever happened was just a case of bad luck. When I asked him about taking Lovenox/Heparin during my next pregnancy, he said there is no proof that they are helpful. Since I am heterozygous (just one copy of "A298C" mutation), he said he wouldn't worry about it much. He wants me to start taking Baby Aspirin though. Currently, I am on 4 X 1 mg Folic acid, 1 Prenate DHA, 1 Repliva (Iron supplement) and begin taking 1 Baby Aspirin.

My OB/GYN wants to put me on Lovenox but my Peri doesn't want to. I guess if my OB/GYN still wants to put me on...then my peri would not say NO.

With Mihir, I was tested positve for Group B (Mild). Therefore, he suggested that I test for infection every month during my pregnancy.

I should feel better to learn that I have good prognosis. However, my peri asked us to wait atleast 4 months (That would be March!) before TTC again. I am really disappointed to hear that. He says its good for my body to get some rest as it was making a baby for the past one year (nearly). I agree with him. But I want to have a baby..a living baby soon.